The app store and the settings on your app store account determine the currency that the in-game shop will bill. As a result, we are unable to directly control the currency you are shown; instead, you must change it in your account settings. Depending on your device and app store, the procedure may change.
Follow these steps to update your country settings on a device powered by Google Play:
Using Google Payments to change the currency
If you want to change the currency via google payments, you can take the following steps to do so.
- Visit payments.google.com and log into your Google Payments account.
- In the left panel, select Settings.
- To alter the address, click Edit next to the Home Address entry.
- Open the Play Store and find any downloadable item there.
- You can click to start a download up to the "Accept and Purchase" screen (no need to complete the purchase).
- Remove your browser's cache, quit the Play Store, or force the Google Play Store application to stop and then clear its data (Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Force Stop then Clear Data).
- Launch the Play Store again. The Play Store that corresponds with the billing country of your default payment method should now be visible.
Using Google Play to change the currency.
- If you want to change the currency on the Google PlayStore, you can change the currency by doing the following:
- Open the Google Play Store app, then select the desired currencies.
- Selecting the "Menu" icon is necessary. You must select "Account" from the drop-down menu.
- Your nation and name can be found under "Country and Profiles."
- You must first create a payment method if you don't already have one for the new nation.
As an alternative, you can change the currency from your google account as well. What you have to be careful about is never to give your account information to an unverified site.
If you are interested in more articles like this, here’s an article about where the pounds currency is used.